AMPscript is Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s powerful scripting language for advanced personalization in emails, cloud pages, push notifications and SMS. Mastering AMPscript means you will know how to personalize SFMC messages beyond just prefilling a first name.
In this workshop we will cover retrieving data from data extensions, dynamic content, ways to list purchased products (loops) and how to retrieve information from Sales- or Service Cloud without using the SFMC connect, and several other relevant topics.
The knowledge acquired during this workshop will help you in your first steps of becoming a Salesforce Marketing Cloud developer.
Who should attend?
This course is for people that are new to AMPscript. If you are a marketeer, campaign engineer or developer and are looking to ge the most out of SFMC this course is for you.
Some scripting experience in other languages is beneficial but not required. By the end of the course you’ll be able to build personalization into emails and other SFMC messages.
Skills acquired during this workshop
During this workshop you will learn how to use these skills and concepts:
- Relational databases; we’ll help you understand the basic concepts of the way data flows in SFMC.
- Different ways of retrieving information about the subscriber and how to show this within your message using variables.
- Personalize your messages in mobile, e-mail and cloudpages with dynamic content using IF/ELSE statements in AMPscript.
- How to modify existing data. You will learn how to change, append and format the data we have for our emails. For example formatting dates.
- List information on a cloud page or in an email with For loops. For example for an abandoned cart campaign. If you master this you can build anything.
- Saving data in Data extensions using AMPscript.
Travel from Schiphol train station to Leiden Central Station
A direct train connection runs between Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) and Leiden Central Station every 10 minutes. The average journey time between Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) and Leiden Centraal is 18 minutes and the fastest journey time is 15 minutes. From Leiden Central station it is a 2 minutes’ walk to the conference venue. The costs are around € 7,00
More information about Leiden: https://www.visitleiden.nl/en