AMPscript is Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s powerful scripting language for advanced personalization in emails, cloud pages, push notifications, and SMS. Mastering AMPscript means you will know how to personalize SFMC messages beyond just prefilling a first name.
In this workshop, we will cover retrieving data from data extensions, dynamic content, ways to list purchased products (loops), and how to retrieve information from Sales- or Service Cloud without using the SFMC connect, and several other relevant topics.
The knowledge acquired during this workshop will help you in your first steps of becoming a Salesforce Marketing Cloud developer.
This course is for people that are new to AMPscript. If you are a marketer, campaign engineer, or developer and are looking to get the most out of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, this course is for you.
Some scripting experience in other languages is beneficial but not required. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to build personalization into emails and other SFMC messages.
- 1-day training course
- Attendees need to bring a laptop for practice exercises
- Language: English (Dutch if attendees are all Dutch speakers)
Training topics / schedule
Skills acquired during this workshop
During this workshop, you will learn how to use these skills and concepts:
- Relational databases; we’ll help you understand the basic concepts of the way data flows in SFMC.
- Different ways of retrieving information about the subscriber and how to show this within your message using variables.
- Saving data in Data extensions using AMPscript.
- Personalize your messages in mobile, e-mail, and cloud pages with dynamic content using IF/ELSE statements in AMPscript.
- How to modify existing data. You will learn how to change, append, and format the data we have for our e-mails. For example formatting dates.
- List information on a cloud page or in an e-mail with For loops. For example, for an abandoned cart campaign. If you master this you can build anything.
Request a quote for the in-company Salesforce Marketing Cloud AMPscript training
Please share the number of people, date, and location(s) you want us to train your colleagues and we will schedule an intake. Based on your input we will share a more detailed training set-up and pricing quote. Please send your inquiry to email@example.com.
Frequently asked questions
No they don’t but some experience can be beneficial especially for those who intend to get certified.
We aim for a maximum of 12 people per training as this ensures attendees can ask their questions freely.
We focus on countries within the European Union but can also organize in other countries.